Friday, March 23, 2007

Bob Barci, The Cheerleader? :-)

He doesn’t realize it, but Bob was a critical partner in our shop’s development. When we opened up in 2002, ours was a one-man shop. John set up and ran the whole place by himself while I worked full-time to support us. SBS was the first vendor John signed with and Bob was the first rep John dealt with. With no background in the business aspect of the industry, John frequently called Bob to ask for his trusted opinion when faced with tricky situations. Bob’s experience, wisdom and patience undoubtedly helped us survive that first year.

When I came on full-time a year later, I took over ordering and got to experience Bob’s kindness for myself. I know that when I call Bob with an order, I am going to hang up in a better mood and feeling more confident. I don't even know if he realizes he's doing it, but Bob just makes me and John feel more empowered. And like I’ve told him before, he has ruined me for everyone else! He has set the bar so high for service and reliability that nobody else can come close to living up to our expectations now! He is so dependable that I suspected right away that something was wrong. He didn’t return one of my emails one day and Bob always returns my messages. - I can count on that! So he’s been in our prayers for awhile now, and will continue to be while he’s fighting this.

Bob, we thank you for being our cheerleader, our trusted advisor, and our friend in business. You’ve lifted our spirits so many times, and we hope yours are lifted by reading how much you mean to so many people. We are faithful that you will beat this. God bless you and your family, and may your health be restored soon.

Vanessa McCracken
Madera Bike Shop

No comments: